Manchester United will face a third Spanish opponent in a row after drawing Europa League specialists Sevilla in the quarter-finals.
Erik ten Hag’s side have already beaten Barcelona and Real Betis in the Europa League knockout stages, but they will now take on Seville next month for the last-eight tie.
Should United beat Sevilla in the next round, they will face the winner of Juventus’ tie with Sporting, the team who knocked out Arsenal on Thursday.
Elsewhere in the draw, Jose Mourinho’s Roma will take on Feyenoord in a repeat of last year’s Europa Conference League final, while Xabi Alonso’s Bayer Leverkusen will take on Union Saint-Gilloise, the sister club of Premier League side Brighton.
United will come up against the team known as Europa League experts, with Sevilla winning six editions of the tournament since 2006.
The most recent triumph from the Andalucian side came in 2020, which saw Sevilla beat United at the semi-final stage.
Europa League quarter-final draw in full
First legs on April 13, second legs on April 20
Manchester United vs Sevilla
Juventus vs Sporting
Bayer Leverkusen vs Union Saint-Gilloise
Feyenoord vs Roma
Europa League semi-final draw in full
First legs on May 11, second legs May 18
Juventus or Sporting vs Manchester United vs Sevilla
Feyenoord or Roma vs Bayer Leverkusen or Union Saint-Gilloise
Opta stats on Man Utd vs Sevilla
- Manchester United are yet to win against Sevilla in European competition, drawing one and losing one in the Champions League last 16 in 2017-18 and losing in the Europa League semi-final in 2020.
- Sevilla have progressed from six of their previous eight European knockout ties (incl finals) against English clubs, failing only against Leicester in the 2016-17 Champions League and West Ham in last season’s Europa League.
- Manchester United are only the second side ever to face four different sides from the same country in a single season in a major European competition (Real Sociedad, Barcelona, Real Betis, Sevilla), after Leeds United also faced four Spanish clubs in the 2000-01 Champions League (Barcelona, Real Madrid, Deportivo de La Coruña, Valencia).
West Ham get Gent in ECL
David Moyes’ West Ham, meanwhile, were paired against Gent in the quarter-finals of the Europa Conference League.
The Belgian side are currently fifth in their domestic division and beat Istanbul Basaksehir this week in the last 16.
Gent’s squad includes 20-year-old forward Gift Orban, who scored the fastest hat-trick in UEFA competition against Istanbul, taking just 205 seconds to net his treble in the second leg.
Should the Hammers win, they will play AZ Alkmaar or Anderlecht in the semi-final stages.
Europa Conference League quarter-final draw in full
Lech Poznan vs Fiorentina
Gent vs West Ham
AZ Alkmaar vs Anderlecht
Basel vs Nice
Europa Conference League semi-final draw in full
Lech Poznan or Fiorentina vs Basel vs Nice
Gent or West Ham vs AZ Alkmaar or Anderlecht
Opta stats: Gent vs West Ham
- This is the first meeting between these two sides since the 1964-65 Cup Winners’ Cup, which West Ham went on to win.
- West Ham have lost just one of seven previous games against Belgian clubs in all competitions (W4 D2), a 2-4 defeat to Anderlecht in the 1976 Cup Winners’ Cup final.
- Gent’s last meeting with a Premier League club saw them knock Tottenham out of the 2016-17 Europa League last 32 (3-2 on aggregate).